District Magistrate Leh, Sachin Kumar Vaishya issued an order on June 3 regarding the containment of Shenam area.
The order reads as
1. Due to the reporting of corona case in Shenam area, a containment zone comprising of part of Shenam,old road area from Abdal Pa house to Dr. Kokluk house consisting of nine household is hereby notified (Map enclosed).
2. The objective of this cluster containment is to stop transmission, morbidity and mortality due to COVID-19. Further, for the purpose of active surveillance, the whole of containment zone shall be divided into sectors for the ASHA, Anganwadi workers and ANMs who will be performing active house to house surveillance daily in the containment zone from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. The trigger will be for IDSP identifying cluster of influenza like illness or saviour acute respiratory symptom.
3. For the purpose of supply of Essential Supplies, enhanced surveillance and monitoring on the movement & activities taking place within & around the containment areas, Mohd Afzal, Naib Tehsildar(S), Leh shall be the overall incharge.
4. Naib Tehsildar (S), Leh shall coordinate with the office of the undersigned for any requirements/emergencies of the containment zone. The helpline number for the control room established at DC office is 01982-257416.
5. Further a Buffer Zone comprising rest of Shenam area is also hereby notified (Map enclosed).
6. There shall be complete restriction on inward as well as outward movement from/to the containment zone.
7. All the relaxations ordered by Ministry of Home Affairs shall not be applicable to the containment zone.
8. Medical department shall ensure the sampling of individuals as per MOHFW guidelines.
9. The surveillance activities to be followed in the Buffer Zone are as follows:
Review of ILI/SARI cases reported in the last 14 days by the District. Health officials to identify any missed case of COVID-19 in the community.
Enhanced passive surveillance for ILI and SARI cases in the Buffer zone through the existing Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme.
In case of any identified case of ILI/SARI, sample should be collected and sent to the designated laboratories for testing COVID-19.
All the work places (both government & private) within the containment zone shall remain closed till further orders.
All the officers who have been assigned duties in SOP laid vide order No. DCL/PS/COVID-19/OO/2020 dated 05.03.2020 shall keep themselves prepared in advance.